Invited By Lama Works

Visit the all new website Invited by Lama Works to find out more about my store!

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Where does the time go?

Ok I know, I know ... I've been MIA ... but really that's a good thing!

Why??? My husband passed the Bar exam!!!! We've been waiting and waiting for those results to come in and they sure did last Thursday! We couldn't be happier and we are so looking forward to just settling into a groove of normal, quiet life.

First thing first.. where have I been?? Working! 6 sales in the last 7 days! I can definitely tell that the cooler weather is here and that people are thinking about the best way to stay warm. I'm getting a lot of custom requests which I love! "Hey, do you have a scarf that matches this??" "What about mittens that look like this??" "Can you make me this, but in this color, and make it this size?" It has given me a good chance to be creative and tweak some patterns a bit to my own liking.

One project that I've been working on for 2 different clients are some accessories to go with the falling leaves collection. I managed to take a fantastic pattern for some fingerless mittens and convert it from sock yarn into a worsted weight variation. Next up is a scarf to go with it!

I also had a fun bud vase order for a little girl's tea party which was fun :)


I'm still toying with the idea of doing a craft fair yet this year. There is one that I might be able to have a small table at in November, but do I really have enough to stock a table?? I'll tell you that if I keep getting this many sales in a week, there's no way I'll be able to keep my stock up and ready for a craft fair, but I'm going to try!!

Enough shop talk though. I was also out of town this past weekend for a beautiful wedding at the Milwaukee Art Museum. It was great to see all of my family and we even got in some time with our friends while we were there. Enjoy some pics from our weekend!




So it's been a pretty good week! Here's to another great one!
Until the next time ...
The girl behind the lama
~LMM
Pin It!

4 comments:

Erica said...

cute arm warmers, and you look lovely in these pictures!

Steph said...

love the scarves & mittens in your shop:)

Waterrose said...

Congratulations! And, what a cool place to have a wedding....and glad you are staying busy with orders!

Unknown said...

congrats!! I wish I had some orders, I've only had one so far... Cute pictures by the way.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Envelopments