- 1 1/2 lbs sweet potatoes, cut into bite sized cubes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 rotisserie chicken shredded
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 12 cremini mushrooms, sliced in half if large (left whole is small)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -1 1/2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- crusty bread
1. Add sweet potatoespotatoes to a saucepan; cover with water; add in some salt and bring to a simmer.
2. Cook for 12 minutes or until fork tender; drain potatoes in a colander, then return the potatoes to the pan and let them dry out on the stovetop.
3. While potatoes are cooking, preheat a large skillet with high sides or a soup pot over med-high heat with about 2 tablespoons olive oil and 2 T of butter
4. Add in onions, carrots, celery, mushrooms, thyme, garlic and poultry seasoning. Cook the vegetables, stirring often for 5-6 minutes
5. Add in the tomato paste; season with salt and pepper and cook for one minute more until you can smell the tomato paste
6. Sprinkle the vegetables with flour and continue to cook for 1 minute.
7. Whisk in the wine and simmer 2 minutes.
8. Add in the chicken stock; continue to simmer 4-5 minutes, or until thickened.
9. Add the cooked sweet potatoes and the shredded chicken; continue to cook 2-3 minutes or until the chicken is warmedthrough.
10. Add in the parsley; taste for seasoning and adjust.
14. Serve with crusty bread.
Adapted From: 365 No Repeats - Rachael Ray