Well ... I'd love to report that week one of the Great Sweater Project went well ...
I mean, technically I did figure out how to read the charts and all and I got about 30 rows done ...
Lucky me I realized at this point that I missed a cable and had to rip 4 rows out. I decided on a whim just to measure it. I never knit sweaters because I hate to find my gauge. I did it this time. My gauge for seed stitch was spot on, my Stockinette stitch was a little off, but I figured it would be OK.
Not so much.
The bottom of my sweater was supposed to measure 38" and it definitely measured about 45"
Yep ... measured ... past tense. After a long chat with my Mom about the problem I ripped the entire thing out. All of it. Sigh.
So now I get to figure out if I need to go down 5 needle sizes and drop to the smallest sweater size or buy all new yarn that isn't so bulky. Sigh. All for the love of a project too!
My husband says it's OK to take a personal day from the shop to work on the sweater because it's driving me nuts. I was up until nearly midnight trying to figure out what went wrong and how I can fix it.
Sigh ... back at it!
Until the next time...
The girl behind the lama