Invited By Lama Works

Visit the all new website Invited by Lama Works to find out more about my store!

Friday, April 15, 2011

Once a Month–Let’s Go!

So earlier this week I posted a bit about once a month cooking.  I’ll admit, I’m intrigued.  I cook a lot, so I don’t feel like I need to cook all of my food for the month, but it sure would be handy to have a bunch of meals in the freezer for those days that I just don’t want to cook or when I have a friend or family member that needs an extra meal.

We tried a few recipes last weekend and they were a hit! 

So here we go!  We are using 9 of the recipes from the April OAMC menu and one from last August because I couldn’t resist:

So last night I did a little grocery shopping – total cost?? $120

That’s right, $120!  Out of this cooking adventure I should be able to make 14 dinners, about 2 weeks worth of lunches and about a month’s worth of grab and go breakfasts for the two of us.  Officially each recipe is supposed to make 2 dinners for a family of 4.

I cannot tell you how much I love this website!  The organization of how the meals and ingredients are chosen, the grocery lists, the step by step instructions, the “how to” instructions are just all fantastic!

So here we go!  I *think* I can do all of this cooking in about 4 hours.  The hubby and I are looking forward to a fun date night cooking together!  Who says you need to go out to have fun?  Why not a night in the kitchen?

Stay tuned for a review of what actually happened!!

Until the next time …
The girl behind the lama
~LMM

Pin It!

1 comment:

qDot said...

I've been looking at this website since you first posted it. You'll have to let me know how things turn out and if there are any specific recipes to try. I saw the homemade poptarts somewhere else a while back and made them. I really liked them...Some I used butter, cinnamon, and brown sugar in and those were my favorite!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Envelopments