Invited By Lama Works

Visit the all new website Invited by Lama Works to find out more about my store!

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Welcome to 2009!!! I must say that for a low key New Years I am having just a perfect weekend.

Actually, it's been a really great holiday season here. We have managed to travel only when it's snowing, which has been frustrating, but we have made it to all destinations safely. We had a great Christmas with my in-laws. As someone who comes from a small family that lives in the woods, it is always refreshing to have a busy holiday surrounded by loved ones.

New Years brought an addition to the family as my brother and sister in law are bringing home their new daughter today. She is just adorable and absolutely perfect. I was lucky enough to be there a few days after she was born and spent an entire morning holding her in my arms and visiting with the family. As soon as I get back home (and off of my parents Mac) I'll have to get a picture posted.

We had a quiet New Years in and rang in the New Year with a festive round of MarioKart on the Wii. The Wii was the present of choice in both my own family and my in-laws, so I am slowly perfecting my bowling and tennis games while on vacation.

So it has been a little busy traveling from Chicago to Quincy, IL back to Chicago and then up to Lake Tomahawk, WI and back but definitely worth the trips.

On a side note, the store hit a new milestone! Last night I was surprised to get my 15th order! I hadn't had time to blog about it, but last week I came home from Christmas to 2 new orders and secretly was hoping I'd make it to 15 by New Years and I did! Who knew I'd get 3 orders for the same socks in one month! So new sock patterns will be out as soon as I have the time to finish a set.

I have high hopes for 2009 and the changes it will bring. I've been knitting up a storm and have a few new scarf and hat designs ready to debut as soon as I get home. I also found some new super soft cotton yarn to start a spa line of dish cloths that will be super soft and a bit smaller than the regular variety.

Happy New Year to all!!

Until next time. ...
the girl behind the lama
~LMM
Pin It!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on meeting your sales goal, Laurie! Lovely surprise finding orders, isn't it?

Happy New Year! :c)

JodisCraftEmporium said...

That is so awesome that you met your sales goals and got to hold your adorable little niece. What a great way to end 2008.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Envelopments