Invited By Lama Works

Visit the all new website Invited by Lama Works to find out more about my store!

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

What We Eat Wednesday

Eating this week is a tad bit different than most.  The rule is – I’m not allowed to use my counters this week.  I’m not telling you why .. you’ll have to wait until next week to find out (ooohhh, feel the suspense building???).  So this week I’m using a bit of freezer cooking thanks to Once A Month Cooking (OAMC) and doing a little bit of my own mini freezer cooking.  I’m using 2 freezer meals and one slow cooker meal.  The other 3 meals are all from OAMC, but instead of making a big day of it, I spent the morning throwing two of them together.  They are sitting in my fridge and ready to pop in the oven as soon as we are ready to eat them.  The third I need leftover chicken from a slow cooker meal to make, so we’ll have to make that one on the kitchen table.  Intriguing, hey?

So here’s the plan:

Sunday – 4th of July BBQ at Quincy Country Club

Monday – Stuffed Peppers with Tomato Basil Cream Sauce (made ahead, ready to cook!)

Tuesday – Spaghetti Pie (made ahead, ready to cook!)

Wednesday – Greek Chicken (slow cooker)

Thursday – Chicken Parm Wraps (use leftover chicken)

Friday – Steak with twice baked potatoes (OAMC)

Saturday – Chicken Fajitas (OAMC – May Traditional Menu)

So even though I can’t really use my kitchen to it’s full capacity, I still can use it and don’t have to go out to eat all week.  Saves us calories and money, that’s for sure. We’re a happy family when we eat home cooked food and have some extra cash.

Stay tuned for more updates on the kitchen!

Until the next time…
The girl behind the lama
~LMM

Pin It!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Envelopments