Invited By Lama Works

Visit the all new website Invited by Lama Works to find out more about my store!

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

What We Eat Wednesday – July 20, 2011–Freezer Meals, Taste of Home and Rachael Ray

This week really seems to be flying by for some reason.  We were on vacation all weekend and seem to be rushing around to finish things up before we leave on vacation again next week.  I’m also trying to get a few freezer meals done here and there.  I’ve got three recipes this week that I’m making 3 of at once (I’ve got those noted below).  When it doesn’t take much more effort to make 3 meals vs. 1, I’d  rather have the extra stocked up for later.  I’m particularly looking at the week we come back from vacation – we get back on Wednesday, short stuff turns one on Friday and the big first birthday party is on Friday!  I’ll be unpacking, cooking for the party and getting the house together – who wants to cook dinner?

Here’s what we’ve got this week:

Monday – Chicken, Asparagus and Cheese Stuffed Peppers (2 extra for the freezer please!) from – Mountain Mama Cooks
Tuesday – Parmesan Chicken and Gnocchi With a Tomato Cream Sauce (take out the tortellini and insert gnocchi) – from Taste of Home
Wednesday – Chicken Fingers with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce and Curly Fries (extra chicken to freeze!) #258 in 365 No Repeats by Rachael Ray
Thursday – Beef, Cheddar, Potato Pie (extra individual servings for the freezer!) – From Rachael Ray Magazine
Friday – Family Favorite Cheeseburger Pasta from Taste of Home

By the way, I love the cheeseburger pasta.  I add a little more liquid and a lot more cheese than the recipe calls for to make it more like a mac and cheese.  I think it would be fun to make just the meat base with maccaroni and cheese sauce and leave all the condiments as stir ins so everyone can make it like they like their cheeseburger to taste (Note to self – remember this when your kids are old enough to like making the choice). 

I’m also kind of excited about the beef, cheddar and potato pie.  I purchased some small foil loaf pans (5 for $1!!!) and am planning on spooning the filling in and topping with the puff pastry before I freeze them.  Definitely an easy meal, especially if one of us is solo for dinner.

Anyway, enjoy and let me know if you try any of these out! 

Until the next time …
The girl behind the Lama
~LMM

Pin It!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Envelopments