Invited By Lama Works

Visit the all new website Invited by Lama Works to find out more about my store!

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

Trust me … just trust me when I say that these cookies will change your life.  I know!  You’ve looked at the recipe (OK maybe you haven’t … do that first…. and you’re back up to the top of the post, good job!) and you think I’m crazy.  Who creams butter and eggs together first?  The first rule of making cookies is that you always, always cream the butter and sugar together first, then add the eggs, then add the flour etc.

Not true my friends.  I make cookies – a lot and this is by far the best cookie recipe ever.  It is slightly modified from a cookbook designed to make jars of cookie ingredients.  You know, those cute mason jars with the pretty layers of chocolate chips, four, and sugar.  They have a cute little tag hanging from them with the rest of the ingredients and the recipe.  Fabulous gifts I might add.  I have tried a fair share of the recipes in this book and every single cookie comes out bigger and fluffier than any cookie I’ve ever had.  I no longer make cookies from any other cook book – caveat *this excludes Christmas cookies from the Wisconsin Electric Company Christmas cookie books from the 50’s, the most awesome Christmas “kookey” collection ever.*

So have a leap of faith.  Trust me … try these cookies … then report back.  I want reports people!  Leave them anonymously if you don’t want to admit it to the world that they rock!

Oatmeal, Chocolate Chip and Spice Cookies  - Adapted from “Gifts in a jar – Cookies”

Ingredients
1/2 C butter softened
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 C sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmet
1/2 C brown sugar
2 C all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 c old fashioned oats
3/4 C chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 375.  In a large bowl, cream the butter, eggs and vanilla.  Add all the rest of the ingredients, except for chocolate chips, and stur until the mixture is well blended.  Add in chocolate chips and mix in.  Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a cookie sheet. 

If you’re going to freeze them, stop here and place the whole cookie sheet in the freezer over night.  Once frozen place them in a freezer bag.  When you want one (or 12), let them defrost for 5-10 minutes then bake as directed.

To bake: Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes.

Until the next time …
The girl behind the lama
~LMM

Pin It!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Envelopments