Invited By Lama Works

Visit the all new website Invited by Lama Works to find out more about my store!

Monday, March 16, 2009

I'm still here I swear!!!

Oh my gosh, it's been well over a month since my last blog ... horrible I know

But I'm back! I just finished up with the Woman's Club Benefit Show and I had a fantastic time! Even my husband had a great time backstage on stage crew! I spent the last 2 and a half months singing and dancing with late nights at the club. I think there was one week where I was at the Club for some rehearsal, social function or meeting 6 days straight!



But we did it! We just finished our 6th show on Saturday and yes it was sad to see things end. I was kind of getting used to someone doing my makeup every day! I had a few friends come along to see the show and they absolutely loved it. There's nothing better than silly musical comedy that actually includes not only some very talented singers and dancers, but also great musicians, writers and directors. I can't tell you how proud I am to be part of such a talented group of women who band together to raise so much money for a great cause.

So here are some snippets from what I've been up to!

I'm definitely going to miss getting glammed out in leather for a spin off of the Lion King in "I Just Can't Wait to Wear Bling!"

Bring on all the diamonds!
Bring on all the feathers!
Bring on all the bright gowns!
Bring on all the leather!

Oh I just can't wait to wear bling!!




It's been quite some time since I've been a dancer of any kind, but being in a hip hop number was definitely new to me. I've grown up a lot since my dancing days so I had no problem just letting lose and letting my dance club side out in "Flossing" ... yes a song about how women are always hogging the bathrooms at the club Brushing and Flossing to look hot for the men at the club. It was by far one of my favorite numbers.



How about some "Swimming at the Y" to the Beach Boys tune "Surfing' USA"?? We all got together for this all cast number to celebrate our beneficiary the Evanston YWCA Flying Fish Swim Team!



Last but certainly not least ... what girl doesn't love to be a Disney Princess?? I got to dress up in Cinderella (sadly I don't have any pictures with my wig ...) in the number "Disney Chicks" to the Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend from the Moulin Rouge soundtrack ... a number where we lament about how Disney is turning to tween queens and we are all feeling old and neglected.

You must understand that we’re . . . not temperamental
But Brit and Lindsay aren’t your friends
We were your first loves and feel sentimental
‘Bout those Halloweens before you all were sassy tweens.

Truth be told, we’re getting old
And we just can’t keep track of the trends.
Hanna Montana, we’re not a big fan-of
She’s a ho and not your friend.



So that's where I've been! Congrats to all WCE cast and crew!

Until the next time,
The girl behind the lama...
~LMM
Pin It!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Envelopments