Invited By Lama Works

Visit the all new website Invited by Lama Works to find out more about my store!

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

8. Mega Meatball Pizza

Love homemade pizza!  It’s just so easy and way better than frozen pizza.  This one was fabulous.  My husband wants it ever week now I think. 

I think this one was better than most that we made and it was because of the crust.  This time I used just a Pillsbury pizza crust out of the tube, but I bought the thin crust.  Yum!!  I will say that by using the thin crust I had to adjust my cooking times a little.  I precooked my crust for 10 minutes and it was pretty much done, so instead of cooking the pizza with toppings another 12 minutes, I just popped it under the broiler to melt the cheese.

Now this is a meatball pizza, but doesn’t actually have any meatballs on it, it just has the flavor of a good meatball.  So tasty!

**This recipe comes from Rachael Ray 365 – No Repeats.  Most of the recipes are directly from the book, but some I do change out ingredients a bit for things my family prefers. I’ll add my own comments in with a **.

What do you need?

Coarse Salt 
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO) (Once around the pan)
1 pizza dough, store-bought or from your favorite pizza shop
A palmful of all purpose flour or cornmeal
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary (a couple of sprigs) or 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
1 1/2 lbs ground sirloin
1 medium onion, finely chopped
4 to 6 garlic cloves finely chopped
Coarsely ground black pepper, to taste
1 3 ounce can tomato paste
1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese **I just use plain Parm
A handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
3/4 pound fresh mozzarella or brick mozzarella, sliced or grated **I use a sack of pizza cheese

Now what?

Preheat the oven to 425.

Drizzle a round pizza pan or a rectangular baking sheet with EVOO.  Dust the dough with flour or cornmeal, then spread out eh dough to form your crust.  Poke the pizza dough in several places with the tines of a fork.  Drizzle the dough with EVOO, then season it with the rosemary and a little salt.  Bake for 10 minutes.

Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.  Add the 2 tablespoons of EVOO (twice around the pan), then the meat.  **While the meat is cooking, cut up your onions and garlic** Brown and crumble the meat for a couple of minutes, then add the onions and garlic.  Season the meat with salt and pepper, then work in the tomato paste using the back of a wooden spoon.  Stir in the cheese, parsley, and oregano.

Remove the pizza crust from the oven and top with the meat mixture.  Arrange the cheese over the pizza, working from the center to the outside edge.  Return the pizza to the oven and bake until the cheese is golden, another 10 to 12 minutes.

4  servings

How did yours turn out??

Until the next time…
~The girl behind the lama

Pin It!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Envelopments