Invited By Lama Works

Visit the all new website Invited by Lama Works to find out more about my store!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

17. Honey Nut Chicken Sticks

We are a chicken finger loving family.  I would make them any time.  Put them on a salad, in a wrap or just dip in some honey mustard.

I happened to have some extra potatoes on hand so I diced them up and coated them with some EVOO, parmesan cheese, and Penzy’s Sandwich Sprinkle (one of the most useful seasonings ever!) and roasted them at 400 for 45 minutes.  A very tasty side dish!

I’m very perplexed by my missing pictures on this one.  I took pictures while I cooked, yet the only picture on my SD card is of the final meal, which I guess is better than nothing right? 

**This recipe comes from Rachael Ray 365 – No Repeats.  Most of the recipes are directly from the book, but some I do change out ingredients a bit for things my family prefers. I’ll add my own comments in with a **.

What do you need?

2 pounds chicken tenders (**I used one package which was 1.33 pounds)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 cup all-purpose flour
3 eggs
A splash of milk
2 cups Honey Nut Corn Flakes (**For the life of me I couldn’t find the honey nut corn flakes at the store, so I just used plain old corn flakes)
1 cup bread crumbs
1 tablespoon sweet paprika
1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
2 tablespoons grill seasoning, such as McCormick’s Montreal Steak Seasoning (2 palmfuls)
1/2 cup vegetable oil (eyeball it)

Now what?

Preheat the oven to 400 F

Season the chicken tenders with salt and pepper.  Place the flour in a large, shallow dish.  Coat the chicken in flour.  Beat the eggs and milk in a shallow dish.  Combine the cereal, bread crumbs, paprika, poultry seasoning, grill seasoning, and vegetable oil in a food processor.  Transfer the breading to a shallow dish. 

Place a nonstick baking sheet near the chicken breading station.  In batches, dip the flour-coated chicken into the egg mixture and then in the breading and place on the nonstick cookie sheet. **I like to place a cookie cooling rack onto my cookie sheet and bake the chicken right on the rack.  It helps the heat get around the chicken so it’s crispy all over** When all the tenders have been coated, bake them for 15 minutes, or until evenly browned and cooked through.  Cool enough to handle and serve, or pack up for a picnic!  This chicken may be served hot or cold.

IMG_4361

4 servings

How did yours turn out??

Until the next time…
~The girl behind the lama

Pin It!

2 comments:

qDot said...

I don't know if you've tried this RR chicken finger recipe. I made it a while back and thought it was really good. We make everything spicy and I don't love mustard so I did about a third mustard to two-thirds hot sauce (sriracha).

http://www.rachaelray.com/recipe.php?recipe_id=1495

Lama Works said...

I haven't tried that one, but it looks good!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Envelopments