Invited By Lama Works

Visit the all new website Invited by Lama Works to find out more about my store!

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Knitting for Charity

I was looking around various forums in Etsy last night and I stumbled upon a great idea that I'm really excited about.

The Special Olympics World Winter Games are asking crafters who knit and crochet to make scarves for the athletes in the official colors of the games. They have a pattern provided, but you can make any pattern you like. They're also encouraging you to leave an encouraging note for your athlete to read when they get their scarf at the opening ceremonies.

Check it out: http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/Crochet/Features/Special+Olympics.htm

It gives me warm fuzzy thoughts. Our disabled community and accessibility to all is something that I'm very passionate about so I love every opportunity I get to make a difference in the world. I think I'm going to go get some yarn today and get knitting!

Until next time ...
the girl behind the lama
LMM
Pin It!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Envelopments