- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 (4-5 lb.) boneless chuck roast, trimmed
- 1 (12 oz) can coke or pepsi
- 1 (12 oz) bottle chili sauce
- 2 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup quick cook grits (not instant)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp Ranch dressing mix
- 1 1/2 - 2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Sprinkle garlic salt and pepper over roast. Place roast in 6-quart slow cooker. Combine coke, chili sauce, worcestershire and hot sauce; pour over roast. Cover and cook on high 5-6 hours or on low 8-9 hours.
Remove roast from slow cooker, reserving juices in slow cooker, keep warm.
Combine cornstarch and milk, stirring well. Stir into slow cooker.
Cook uncovered on high for for 15 minutes until thickened. Serve sauce over roast
In a medium pan, bring chicken broth to a boil. Stir in grits. Cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Stir in ranch mix and cheese. Cook until cheese is melted.