Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Makes: 4-6
- coarse salt
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small firm eggplant cut into a small dice
- 2 small summer squash or zucchini cut into a small dice
- 1 1/3 lbs chicken tenders, cut into small bite-size pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- coarse black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 4 tomatoes cut into chunks
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- crusty bread
Bring a large pot of water to a boil; when boiling, salt the water and cook pasta al dente; drain pasta, but reserve ½ cup pasta cooking liquid.
Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat with 3 tablespoons oil; add in eggplant and squash; cook, stirring occasionally for 2-3 minutes
Add in the onions and garlic; season with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes; continue to cook 3-4 minutes.
Add in the chicken and cook to lightly brown, about 4-5 minutes.
Add in white wine and chicken stock; bring to a simmer; cook for 3-4 minutes.
Add in the tomatoes and pasta water; cook until the tomatoes are warm
Add in the parsley and cooked pasta; toss to coat, and cook for 1-2 minutes or until the sauce tightens up around the pasta.
Turn off the heat; add in grated Parmigiano-Reggiano; toss to coat the spaghetti.
Serve warm with crusty bread.
Adapted from: 365 No Repeats – Rachael Ray