Pork Chops in a Honey-Mustard Sauce Recipe
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons honeyDijon mustard
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
Combine 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, salt and pepper; sprinkle over pork chops. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil. Remove and keep warm.
Remove skillet from heat and add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Reduce heat to medium. Whisk in the broth, mustard, and remaining garlic powder; cook and stir for 1 minute. Whisk in cream; cook and stir for 4-6 minutes or until thickened.
Return pork chops and juices to the skillet. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Butternut Squash Bake
- 1 small butternut squash
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup crushed crackers (about 8 crackers) - I used whole wheat Ritz
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Combine the cracker crumbs, cheese and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until heated through and top is golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.